Saturday, February 02, 2008

Are you sick too?

I've already been sick twice in one month already. Once with a cold and the second with a cold/fever/flu thing. This winter has been nasty on the illness and it's going around to EVERYBODY. Here are a few things I've learned along the way.

SNOT COLOR
clear: not infected, take clariton
yellow: infected, but fightable (go on antibiotics)
green: infected, will be hard to fight (go on antibiotics)
brown: super infected, you're screwed (go to the hospital)

TEA
Do ginger tea with honey for colds.
This particular tea ROCKS for colds and sore throats:

I found this in Korean town food store on 32nd & 6th
Honey Citron Tea


TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
I have been neglecting mine. Vitamins are different for different folk. Don't be afraid to try different brands out. This is my preference:

I found it at my healthy food place
New Chapter Organics/Every Woman's One Daily

PREVENTION!
A lot of people do the airborn or the zinc chews, this puppy is my favorite. It has kicked many a sickness out of my system:

Wellness Formula found at GNC

2 comments:

SizzlingPopcorn.com Admin said...

Yeah...I've had a cold 2 weeks ago for a week...was getting over it and but then it was coming back again this week......I've never heard of brown snot! LOL


www.sizzlingpopcorn.com

Peter Helff said...

Don't forget rest, and chicken soup! Brown snot? Doesn't that mean lung cancer (or nose cancer?)