Sunday, February 10, 2008

Val Day Gifts

We, as Americans, have this holiday. Valentine's Day. It's a day where couples feel obligated to do something for each other and singles wonder "what they've done wrong" to remain single. It's a bummer. I ask you to flip your views for yourself and for the people around you. Take this day and embrace it as a day that you are happy to have such wonderful people in your life. If you are in love, celebrate that love. If you're in like, embrace a new beginning. If you're alone (like me) spoil the shit out of yourself because you are awesome and you deserve it.

Maybe it's a day where you realize, I don't love you. I want something more. Or it's a day you realize, I am ready for marriage. Or maybe it's, I love my family....those people are my valentine. Try and work it in a positive spin. And then take a bubble bath with lavender and epsom salts.

Here are my gift recos, whether they be for yourself or a loved one.
JEWELRY!
I have a few friends that make jewelry. These are the ones that I have info on.
My friend Peter was a jewler a long time ago and has recently repicked up the craft.
As a professor in Lit, he also makes pretty things and one that I was lucky enough to get as a gift. I love his unique design and his exploration with different materials and stones. I LOVE my necklace (shown below). He's incredibly talented: peterhelff <> yahoo

My other pal Kim make an array of beautiful jewelery. I pretty much stare at her website in awe. http://www.krittjewelry.com/
I love the Collage and Web Necklaces. It's a tiny pict, but I really like this one:

For men?
PLANTS!
I love my Bonsai and Bamboo plants. It's not too feminine and can spruce up any apartment! They're just plane cool looking.


http://www.bonsaiofbrooklyn.com/tip22.html
http://www.bonsaigardener.org/ficus-bonsai-care.html

No comments: