Friday, October 03, 2008

Avon Breast Cancer Walk
















This is a pretty serious walk. They are not joking around here. $1800 minimum to raise, 2 days, 40 miles, rain or shine. I am lucky to know amazingly generous people and was able to raise over $2500! Like, WOW!

Ever since I had a job, I've donated as much as I could. Last year, I was making good cash and donated tons to my pals that walked, ran, and chopped all of their hair off. This year, I'm not making nearly as much (but am MUCH happier at my place of employment and position), so I decided to do the duties. I still can't really run far and my hair is just growing back from my own chopping. This walk seemed to be the perfect cause. I know so many people that have been effected by cancer. My entire family on my mom's side has a long history of cancer, not necessarily breast cancer. I'm actually not sure where the cancer started in most of my family's cases, because it had spread so fast. Members who I know of that have been effected: Great-grandma and grandpa, Grandpa Reed, Grandma Shirley, Aunt Linda, and, just recently, my Aunt Mary. Unfortunately, most my family didn't survive. But my Aunt Mary is currently fighting the disease hard and I know she can beat it! Mary rocks!!

So do the rest of the men and women that I'll be walking with tomorrow! I just finished registering today and already people are sporting pink wigs, boas, shirts, you name it! Yes, it'll be a long hard walk, but it looks like it's going to be tons of fun. I will be taking pictures and keeping ya'll updated.

Thank you ALL for your support!!
Hugs and Loves :D

*Pictured: great-grandma Helen, me, and grandma Shirley

No comments: